Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Flight to Lima

6:15 pm

Well today was exciting! I haven't been able to really get pumped about this trip till today cause of all my midterms this week!

Now, is time to be Peruvian.

You honestly can't even believe the planning that went into this trip. We've been planning it for months.

Luckily, we have two (and I mean this in the best and nicest way possible) anal planners in our spring break group that told us exactly what tickets to buy, what hostels to reserve, and pretty much everything else for our trip.

Yesterday I printed out all of the flights, reservations, and excursion tickets I may need for this trip... Let's just say I have a packet with me of 16 important pages.

Mindee, Carla and I went through all the papers we needed including photocopies of our passport, insurance cards, credit cards and our international student card.

I'm so grateful I got this international student card! It got me a discount when I bought bus tickets today for oktoberfest in Cordoba the weekend after we get back from spring break when my grandma visits!

It's also giving us a 50% discount for the entrance ticket into Machu Picchu!

Packing for this trip was pretty simple. This isn't thing to be a party, going out kind if spring break trip. It's a yoga pants, gym shorts, Sigma Kappa pinny kind of trip.

I got my sneaks, I got my day backpack and I'm ready to hike, canoe, swim and bike in Peru!

I just realized, last time I was on a plane I jumped out of it... Gotta remind myself not to do that this time.

I'm currently on the airplane and we just took off. We're flying through Taca on an airbus (sorry pops #teamBoeing). It's almost a 5 hour plane ride with a two hour time difference. So when we arrive to Lima it'll be 9 pm but it'll feel like it's 11pm for us.

They just passed out these super rad headphones and I'm listening to Spanish reggae... Pretty sweet... I'll post a pic when I can.

So obviously I don't have wifi on the pane right now so I'll have to awkwardly publish this blog tonight at the hostel. Maybe I'll add more by then!

Until then, chicos. Time to read some Harry Potter in my Kindle. I know, not as cool as the real hard cover series but I'm working with what I can here ok??

Ohh turbulence. Hope I don't die. Love that song though. Ok. Chau.

7:40

So that awkward moment when I asked for wine with my crappy airplane pasta dinner and I'm denied cause I'm not 21. Apparently even though I'm on another continent, if I'm on an American airline, I gotta play by American rules. Even though only a few ten thousand feet below I'm legal to drink el vino. #airtravelprobz.

Orange juice is good, too I guess.

8 pm

"It's only impossible if you stop to think about it" - great quote from the random animation film paying on my flight.

1:25

We're finally in our hostel in Lima! Can't drink the tap water... Heading to the store to grab bottled water then bed!

Chau chicos!

No comments:

Post a Comment