Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Mommom visits!

My Mommom is visiting me in Argentina! She's 80 years old and has never left the country! I'm super pumped to hang out with her and stay with her in a condo she rented in Palermo SoHo.

Last couple days I've had class so she has been at the condo watching Spanish TV to learn the language (which she says is really helping) and getting food. Next week after our trip to Mendoza, we'll be able to do more touristy things together.

She's really trying at the language. But mainly she just repeats "Qué es eso" and "Qué es la palabra..."

Her favorite is "Qué es eso."

She's been good. Only talked about politics a few times but she understands when I'm sick of it now. Plus I'm not afraid to tell her right off the bat when I want to change the subject.

Soft love to grandmothers, tough love to travel partners.

Mommom, Christina, Sheridan, Sam and I are going to Mendoza this weekend! We changed our plans from Cordoba and Oktoberfest because it just got way too complicated. There were no hostels available in the actual town, only in the city of Cordoba which means we'd have to take the bus there. And it's not an all day event like we thought, only at night. Also, it was freaking expensive.

Además, WINE>BEER.

No comments:

Post a Comment