Sunday, September 15, 2013

Chupitos

Like every other Friday, I went to work at Uplifted from noon to 5. I honestly love my job.

(I would like it more if it was a paid internship but I'll take what I can get)

Dante was there and made everything wonderful but we were still all a  little sluggish so Katie and I went out to get cupcakes and Starbucks!! Great pick-me-up. We all sat around the table and told stories of our crazy nights out in the city. It was a good office bonding moment : P

Chloe texted me asking if I wanted to go to La Malba (an art museum that has a really cool exhibition going on right now). The artist is actually living in a mental institution--kinda cool. The whole exhibition involves bright colors, dots and mirrors... probably so trippy!

I still had some work to do but Nora told me to just start my Friday early! (again, I love my job)

I met Chloe and Mindee at La Malba but the line was too long so we went to a cafe instead.

That night I was ready. I NEEDED to go out! I didn't go out at all this week so I was so excited to get together with my friends and have an awesome night!!

Chloe, Jessie and I planned to take the 39 bus into Palermo to go to this bar called Chupitos. Luckily we got on the exact same bus because I wasn't sure exactly where we had to get off. Tomas was on the bus too. The whole time Jessie said she knew where she was and we were fine.... nope.

More and more people got off the bus and it was getting less and less full.... not a good sign. Next thing we know we pull into the bus terminal!!! Thanks Jessie.

The bus driver told us that the 3 bus will be leaving in 15 minutes and to take that to Plaza Serrano where a lot of bars are in Palermo. We weren't about to wait so we started walking down a scarily empty street to find a taxi. All of a sudden the bus driver yells to us (in Spanish ) "Do you want to get raped?!?"

ummm... no.

So we ran back right when a taxi was driving by and it dropped us off at Plaza Serrano. It was so weird cause the website we use for Colectivos de Buenos Aires said the 39 would drop us off right here! Turns out, right by the plaza was a 39 bus stop... but it never went there!!!!

Damn public transportation.

But Chupitos was so fun!! Jenna H. and Sam and her Juan P were already there. For all those non-Spanish speakers, Chupitos means shots and they probably had about 100 options there!! Each shot was about AR$20 (US$2.50).

I got 3 at first with Jenna, Jessie, Chloe and Thomas. We got Rasta on Fire, Harry Potter (both flaming shots we had to take through a straw) and another one. They were all good! But the Harry Potter was sooo strong.

Then I got another shot called Granada de Mano... holy crap.

It came in two parts. First the guy filled up the shot glass half way and told me to swish it around in my mouth until he told me to stop, Sam was doing it with me. So we did.... then he WALKED AWAY!!

It wasted like strong minty mouthwash and Sam couldn't handle it so she swallowed it. Finally after serving other customers he came back about a minute later... me still swishing. He yelled at Sam for not doing it properly then fill the shot glass half way with something else, told me to swallow what I had in my  mouth then take the shot... I literally had no idea what I drank because my mouth was so numb... but minty!

It was so fun trying out the different shots and hanging out with my friends but it was after 3:15am and Thomas and I were getting a bit tired so we decided to share a cab home.

Another great night in Bs As!

Hasta luego, chicos!

No comments:

Post a Comment