Monday, September 9, 2013

El Cumple de Carla

Saturday was my productive day. I knew it was going to be raining all day so I made sure I got up early and did WORK!

To see productive things you can do on a rainy day, check out my original blog!!! <--

I applied for three internships, did some homework, cleaned my room and wrote a blog! Yeah... that pretty much took all day.

I had to relax for the night because it was Carla's birthday at midnight!!

Christina and I meet at Las Heras y Pueyrredon to catch the 39 bus to Palermo. When we got on the bus, Sheridan, Chloe, Carla, Mindee and Jessie were already on!

Right on!! Because I honestly didn't know exactly where our stop was. Wasn't very prepared.

We got dropped off at Costa Rica and found Sam sitting outside of the restaurant, Green Bamboo.

We got a private loft and all sat on cushions around a short table. It was so nice because we could all talk to and see everyone.

We all got a small salad with greens and peanuts at first and split bottles of water--you usually can't ask for tap water here :/

Sheridan and I ordered different plates and shared them. I got these yummy chicken skewers over a cucumber salad and rice balls.

Sheridan got delicious steak with rice noodles. It was one of the best meals I've had here so far!

We left for Red Carpet at around 10:30 which was only a few blocks away. They had an open bar (beer and mixed drinks) until 1 for only AR$35!!!! That's only about US$4... Hell yeah!

So we spent the next 2.5 hours drinking as many mixed drinks as we could because it was Carla's birthday, it'd be more expensive at the boliche (club) and.... IDK... just because we could!

More IES people came to Red Carpet later on and it was one big party! Carla was pretty trashed by the end of it.

So I'm not sure exactly with what mode of transportation, but we got to a club called Dubai in Recoleta. It was sooo fun!!!! I danced all night with everyone there! I was dancing with one guy for a bit and we were speaking to each other in Spanish. He finally asked me, "de donde eres?" and I said los Estados Unidos. he's like, "really?" I asked him where he was from and he said Michigan!! We both thought each other were portenos the entire time!

I take it as a compliment :)

Long story short- I sobered up around 5-6am. I looked at my watch finally and it was 7:30am!!! What???

The boliche was still so funny and full-fledged!!! Who are these crazy people??

It's funny cause it didn't even seem that late. Alas, when I walked outside to catch a cab home, it was light out...

#PortenaProbz

So I got home around 8am and went straight to bed. Woke up at 10:30am... not happening. So I went back to bed until 1pm. I got myself together, ate "brunch" and met up with Sam at Starbucks to do homework on Coronel Diaz and Arnales.

On the way walking there I passed Liam and he joined us. I got a yummy coffee and pan con queso... that and an Advil was exactly what I needed for my lingering hangover headache. 

Basically, barely any homework was finished but it was a great afternoon with friends. We then headed over to a park on Las Heras and relaxed some more. Liam went to El Ateneo and bought a book in Spanish. He says it's helping him a lot to learn the language so I'm thinking about going today and buying one. I'll let yall know how that goes!

I had a great Saturday because:
  1. I wasn't incredibly hungover
  2. I wasn't incredibly tired since I didn't go to sleep until 8am
  3. I spent a great afternoon with great friends
  4. I had Starbucks
  5. I had two full water bottles with me to re-hydrate me
  6. It was a beautiful day!
Did yall do anything special this weekend? 

Hasta luego, chicos!




No comments:

Post a Comment