Wednesday, September 18, 2013

In the swing of things

I have a few different things to catch ya'll up on!

1. I finally got my residencia yesterday!!


I had to go to immigration with a 4x4 passport photo, my passport, photocopies of EVERY SINGLE page and AR$300. Luckily I went with a group with my program cause it made everything so much easier.

I heard that the process could take up to 4 hours but we got there early and I got in the front of my group so it only took me about an hour and a half--go me!

Now I have to go back to get my student visa. Funny thing is--I'm not going to get my actual visa until a couple weeks before I leave... so yeah, this process makes tons of sense.

After my appointment I went to get empanadas! Yumm!!! I'm definitely making empanadas back in the states.

2. I made a bean salad and it was pretty good!


It was just lentils, chickpeas, white beans, red peppers and tomatoes all mixed into one. Sometimes I put oil and vinegar on it sometimes balsamic dressing. It's pretty yummy and something I don't need the stove to make! It's fun finding things like this to make my wallet happy.

3. I've been having more and more "on point" Spanish conversations! 


For those of you who have never had to speak a foreign language everyday, sometimes my Spanish is really good and sometimes I sound like I have a mental retardation. It's as simple as that.

It's strange--you'd think that if you know Spanish, you know Spanish. This is unfortunately not the case. You have your good conversations and you have your bad conversations.

Anyway, this hopefully means I'm getting better at the language cause that's one of the main reasons I came to South America to study!

4. The girls and I went to Jobs last night

I haven't been to this bar since the beginning of the semester because it's usually a Tuesday night event and I have an early Spanish class on Wednesday. However, since midterms are next week I definitely can't go out this weekend so I decided to suck it up and have a fun Tuesday night with my friends!

I also got to meet portenos! Chloe brought her friend Mate and I met some of Sam and JuanP's friends. I spoke tons of Spanish and it was awesome! We played some foosball and we were gonna do archery... maybe archery next time. 

It was a great night out with the girls before we had to really get down to midterm business.

5. My bed could possibly be the most uncomfortable surface in the world 

I've been having so much back pain because of it! Mi mama said my mattress cost her AR$90... that's US$12!!! No wonder!! 

So this morning when I got up I did about a minute of yoga... it's not a lot, but it helped with my back a bit. It woke me up too!! Check out THESE pick-me-up yoga moves for a fresh start to your morning!

6. I presented my Spanish project today

It was on La Bomba de Tiempo and, honestly, mine was the most exciting project. I had pictures and videos that I took from the event when I went! I think I did pretty well with my Spanish and the overall project.

I'm not sure how exciting my life is going to be in the next week because of midterms. After that is our Spring Break to Peru!!!! 

Hasta luego!!

No comments:

Post a Comment