Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Awesome afternoon in BA

So one of my main goals of this trip was to get killer boots. I mean, it's Argentina, you gotta get that leather where it's plentiful. The day I got back to BA I was walking around the city when I saw these awesome pair of boots in a store window along Santa Fe. It was a holiday so everything was closed--but I took note of where it was.

Yesterday I got up early, went for a run, showered, and went on a hunt for those boots.

I got THE LAST PAIR and they were IN MY SIZE!!!! It was fate. So basically, I loved them and bought them right away. They were about $400 pesos which is like $50- nice price.



I put them on and headed for my Visual Arts of BA class at 3pm.

Today was equally as amazing. I had my Spanish class at 9-11am, did some homework, then met Carla at a falafel place on Rodriguez Pena and Santa Fe. It was awesome! And only $20 pesos.

I brought a thermos of hot water and she brought her mate and yerba she brought in Uruguay. We walked to the park I pass everyday walking to IES and just relaxed.

It was great! We felt like we were on cloud 9... Carla swears there was something psychedelic in the yerba cause we were so happy. Colors just seemed richer and the world seemed so pleasant. Idk- weird to explain, but mate makes you feel great.

Here's what Wikipedia has to say about the health benefits:

A variety of studies have indicated the antioxidants and nutritional benefits combine to help improve many things:

  • immune system
  • detoxify the body
  • relieve allergies
  • reduce the risk of diabetes and hypoglycemia 
  • burns more calories
  • acts as an appetite suppressant and weight loss tool
  • increases the supply of nutrients and oxygen to the heart
  • may reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes
  • increases mental energy and focus
  • improves mood
  • promotes a deeper sleep, however sleep may be affected in people who are sensitive to caffeine


HELL YEAH! I'M GONNA BE FREAKING IMMORTAL BY THE TIME I GET BACK TO THE USA!

And what could be better than an afternoon hanging out at a park drinking mate with a good friend? An hour of yoga perhaps?

IES has a yoga class every Wednesday at 3 so Carla and I went to that. It was so relaxing! Awesome afternoon!!

After yoga my friend Christina and I were walking home (she lives in Recoleta as well) and we decided to go on a hunt for peanut butter.

It was not as easy as we thought.

We searched for about an hour before we found a "Different Diet" store on Sante Fe. I guess it's like an international food store for BA.

Guess what? CHRISTINA AND I FOUND PEANUT BUTTER!! It was about 30 pesos but it was so worth it. And the store is only a few blocks from my apartment.

Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment