Thursday, August 15, 2013

End of my Internship Search!

Great news! I got the internship I wanted! I took the bus into Palermo (down Santa Fe) with Sam yesterday. We stopped to charge our sube cards and Sam went home to take a siesta- this means alone shopping time for Shelly!

I was about two hours early for my interview for New Wave that was on Scallibrini Ortiz y Mansilla. So- obviously, I took the opportunity to explore shops along Armenia. Got a great cute little change purse/wallet thing. It can fit in my bra which is what I need! The key to not getting robbed everything is to split up your money! Hiding extra money in your bra is a VERY smart idea.

So I went to my interview a half hour early since I wasn't sure exactly where it was. The woman interviewing me seemed nice but honestly, she didn't seem very interested in being there. I also didn't like the interview questions, they seemed super up tight. Like... when was a time you were faced with a difficulty and needed to overcome it? and stuff like that.

My Uplifted interview the day before was so so much more relaxed- it was more like a conversation than an interview. New Wave definitely seems more strict- with the projects as first come first serve, upkeep with the main intern lady, and mandatory 4:30 Friday meetings... what??? I don't have class on Fridays so I can travel if I want to. I'm not about mandatory afternoon/evening Friday meetings... sorry.

Also- Uplifted has about 5 or 6 people in the office where New Wave has about 20. I like a smaller office because that means there's no hierarchy. I won't be doing stupid intern jobs. Everyone does every job. And Nora (the lady from Uplifted) brings her puppy into the office a lot!! How cool and laid back is that??

Anyway, New Wave gave me the job on the spot. I told them I'd email them my response ASAP.

So I emailed Nora last night telling her I had this other interview but would really prefer the Uplifted internship. She said she already emailed Juan Manuel yesterday (our internship guy at IES) and told him I was hired! Juan didn't tell me!

I start my unpaid internship with Uplifted next Friday and I can't wait!! It's very tough to find internships in BA- let a lone paid ones.

Wish me luck in this communications/marketing/PR world, guys!

Besitos!

No comments:

Post a Comment