Sunday, August 25, 2013

Feria de Mataderos

Today we all met at the IES center at 12:30 and took a bus to the neighborhood of Mataderos for the artisan fair!

It was so nice- tons of streets lined with vendors the authentic and beautiful things to buy. The food was also incredible.

I had locro and a chicken and veggie empanada! We also all split a bottle of red wine.

Here's a recipe for locro! Here's another!

Below is miss Barbie Mindee with her Argentines. Argentine men LOVE blondes! They always call her Rubia or Barbie. She gets so much for free or discounted. Mindee got a candy-covered strawberry with popcorn for free and a big bag of roasted nuts for $5 pesos.


When I tried to get the same bag of nuts I have him a $5 peso... he took the bag from me and gave me a tiny bag. He also said they were $6 pesos for the small bag. WTF.

I asked why Rubia got to have a discount and he said it was for a "promotion"...

PROMOTION MY ASS!!

I need to dye my hair blonde or something.

There was also musicians playing and dancers! Tons of people in the crowd even did some kind of an Argentine line dance. 


Since the shoes Toms were created here by the Argentine gauchos, I obviously had to get some. Total $8 USD. Hell yeah!!

Matador fair was a success!

The chicas and I are now in the process of planning Spring break! Machu Picchu and Rio anyone??

My bank account is literally going to be zero dollars and zero cents by the time I get back to the states... kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment