Thursday, August 15, 2013

Besos

So today was a tad stressful- but nothing the new Argentine Shelly can't handle. Nothing goes the way you want it to in this city and I've learned just to relax and let it be. No need worrying about things you can't fix.

Printer wasn't working, missed another Visual Arts of BA class, couldn't log into the Argentine government website to print out my reciprocity fee receipt to bring with me to Uruguay this weekend, found out how much reading (in Spanish and English) I have to do by next week, etc...

Great part of my day- chilling at a small restaurant on Libertad doing my Spanish homework with a huge Milanesa de pollo sandwich in front of me. This thing was literally bigger than my head.

I was excused from Tuesday's Visual Arts class because of my Uplifted interview. No one told me that on the second day of class we were going to have a field trip to two museums! Who takes a field trip on the second day of class??

So I was sitting in our class looking like an idiot for a while, left and found Carla in the hallway. She said Sheridan is in that class and she had to meet at a museum for class that day. How the heck was I supposed to know??

So I went to see Juan Manuel and he said he apologized because he didn't know we were going in a field trip today or else he would have gotten the information for me to go. I was wondering what my responsibilities were for missing the class and he said nothing- it was just a misunderstanding.

Sweet. Class #1 and #2 missed.

He wrote my professor an email excusing me from class. Let's try with class #3 on Tuesday.

So later that night after I figured out the printer and the reciprocity fee receipt I left IES around 7:30.

I met a man on the elevator that worked a floor below IES because he asked me (in English, I was too stressed to speak in Spanish at that moment) how my studies were going.

We were walking down Santa Fe in the same direction and we had great conversation. He asked me if I wanted to stop and get some coffee or a drink.

People just do that here- they stop what their doing and just make plans on the spot, changing all their other plans in the process.

So I'm like- OK, gave Mama a call to tell her I'd be a little late for dinner and had tea with this man I just met.

He was super interesting. He is a corporate lawyer and studied in Argentina, North Carolina-Wake Forest (1 semester), and Germany (6 mo.).

We talked about life and my time here. It was great conversation and he said he wanted to come to Temple Bar Happy Hour with us next weekend! Woo!! Party on!

So after he bought me tea and a pastry (which I insisted on paying the tip for but he wouldn't have it), he gave me his business card and we walked our separate ways.

It really showed me how interesting, open and nice people are here. And not just to hit on women but to really enjoy their company.

He made me appreciate my current city of BA that much more.

For dinner we had delicious salad (with lemon, oil and salt like always) left over milanesa de pollo, soup with carrots and squash I think and empenadas. Yum yum!

Mama is a great cook! I always enjoy her dinners for me!

Until next time!

Chau!

No comments:

Post a Comment